If you are interested in becoming one of our 6,500 dedicated and passionate employees serving 16 million customers on an annual basis then get in touch or follow us on LinkedIn.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to join our casual retail food and beverage team at GMHBA Stadium. We are looking for individuals who will provide exceptional customer experiences within of our Retail outlets. You must have excellent availability as many of our events take place on the weekend or in the evening. Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work major events at AAMI Park as well.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Click the “Apply Now” button below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person’s may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account).
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
To be successful in this casual position you will:
- Have previous experience in hospitality industry
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Previous experience with cash handling (POS systems)
- Hold a current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Ability to work varying shifts including nights, mornings, weekdays, weekends and public holidays
- A high level of personal grooming and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Have right to work in Australia
Please specify what position you are applying for
- Snack and Bar Cashier/Servery
- Short Order Cooks (Fry cooks/burger cooks)
- Snack Supervisor
- Bar Supervisor
- Area Managers
What We Offer
O’Brien Group Australia is Australia and New Zealand largest privately owned hospitality, entertainment and leisure company. For over 30 years, O’Brien Group Australia has operated many of Australasia’s premier venues. O’Brien Group Australia is a fully integrated company that owns and operates within Australian and New Zealand Stadiums and Arenas. It holds a significant property portfolio of boutique hotels and key heritage listed hotels. In recent years O’Brien Group Australia has expanded its operations and portfolio to include full scale venue management, ticketing, festivals, licensed clubs, hotels, live entertainment, media and venture capital. Today with over 6,500 employees, 16 million customers served on an annual basis and a host of exciting new ventures, O’Brien Group Australia continues to be an innovative market leader in Australasia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Corporate Manager, this is a unique opportunity for a talented Corporate Staffing Coordinator to oversee and enhance the casual staffing pool at The Gabba. The Corporate Staffing Coordinator is responsible for managing the casual staffing pool, event and non-event day rosters as well as organising and implementing staff training programs. Your performance is of utmost importance in ensuring shifts are covered in a timely manner allocating the right talent for the role. This position is highly administrative and is responsible for filling and confirming corporate shifts, maintaining, and updating systems to reflect team member skills and competencies and assisting payroll with timesheets. There is also an operational component assisting the Corporate Team with set up and execution of match days and non- match day Events. The Corporate Staffing Coordinator will work in conjunction with the HR Department to seek out new talent, interview, employ and train new employees. The role involves weekend and evening work therefore a flexible approach to working hours is mandatory.
You will have a love for hospitality and a background in Food and Beverage operations; preferably from a large-scale multi-outlet property with extensive conference and banqueting departments, or from a large catering company offering extensive offsite catering services. You have exceptional communication, interpersonal and administrative skills. You will also have exceptional attention to detail and commitment to the highest levels of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders. Most importantly, you will have the ability to manage your time effectively whilst multi-tasking to compete with rapidly changing priorities and still ensuring quality outcomes. The ideal candidate will have a passion to contribute to O’Brien Group Australia’s drive to deliver best-in-class customer service by delivering the highest quality candidates to our venues.
- Operational food and beverage experience
- Previous experience with Casual staffing and Recruitment
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of Payroll
- Previous experience rostering/payroll systems (Inzenius is advantageous)
- Customer focused with an exceptional telephone manner
- Work towards and meet demanding deadlines
- Flexibility and capability to prioritise workload as required
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Flexible approach to working hours is mandatory
What We Offer
O’Brien Group Australia is Australia and New Zealand’s largest privately owned hospitality, entertainment, and leisure company. For over 30 years, O’Brien Group has operated many of Australasia’s premier venues. O’Brien Group Australia is a fully integrated company that owns and operates within major Australian and New Zealand stadiums and arenas. It also holds significant property portfolio of boutique hotels and key heritage listed hotels. In recent Years O’Brien Group has expanded its operation and portfolio to include full scale venue management, ticketing, festivals, licensed clubs, hotels, live entertainment, media, and venture capital. Today with over 6,500 employees, 16 million customers served on an annual basis and a host of exciting new ventures, O’Brien Group continues to be an innovative market leader in Australasia.